Sunday 8 January 2012

What's the Plan?


We plan to get organised. J doesn't just plan, he leaps into action. He started sorting his small project parts into bins. I eyed my cluttered desk and walked around some areas jammed with stuff that might one day be useful. I know it's time to just let go of a few things. That's the plan.  


Life is what happens while you're making plans. 

Then I found myself organising to head to the coast to help care for my daughter and her twins for a couple of days. She is a bit under the weather. The twins show no signs of slowing down while she recovers. Their dad has been able to keep things in hand but must return to work. What a blessing to live close enough that I can lend a hand now and then. That's the new plan.

J's back started giving him grief before I got packed and I don't want to leave him on his own. My trip is postponed for now. That's the very latest plan.

Despite feeling the need for a plan, especially one for getting organised, I recall that we're in the middle of tropical slow down season. I'm feeling pretty slow. I've been enjoying a little knitting, spinning, listening to audible books and recovering from holidays.


I've also been feeling a tinge of sadness in the air. Sometimes one grieves - over personal loss. Sometimes one grieves - over failures to behave with greater integrity and gallantry, over forgetting "you are my other self."


I find going for walks and making things helps me get through low spells. I make things with my hands. I make blog posts. I make up my mind.

I have made no resolutions this year but one: I've resolved to take part in Toss-it Tuesday. I'll be tossing at least one thing out of my living space every Tuesday between now and end of April. That should kickstart my plan to just let go of a few things and get organised. Have you made a resolution or two?

photo by J in JaM
post and photo editing by M in JaM

1 comment:

WildBill said...

I have two resolutions this year. The first is to focus on enjoying the moment, appreciating life for what it is one event at a time. The second is to treat this planet each and every day with the respect that it deserves.

I really like how you let the readers into your life. It is so interesting to see life in a totally different part of the world.