Sunday 15 January 2012

One Day at a Time


Grevillea dryandri in bloom

What a week! Don't you hate it when health problems rear their heads, like Cerberus*, all snarly, snappy and insistent on keeping you from escaping? Just when you want to start the new year with high energy and you realise that's not happening? Or when you are unable to assist a loved one or a friend who has health problems? Well, sometimes such a crisis reveals more than problems. 

Daughter had sudden surgery (she's recovering well and feels, oh, so much better). After an overnight in hospital, she came home about the same time that I arrived to help care for twins. Twins had spent previous night with other grandparents, and it wasn't long before they arrived home, too. These two littlies walk all the time now. They are not just a handful, they are two handfuls (more, actually). At the end of the day we decided to have Chinese takeaway instead of cooking dinner.

The next morning food poisoning struck twins' father and me, but not their mother, thank goodness for the latter. I headed home before things “got out of hand.” I'm not sure I have ever felt so glad to arrive home, where I immediately collapsed on the couch, rising only to spew. I let J take care of me. I'm feeling fine now. Fortunately, the effects of food poisoning lasted only a day or two.

Daughter, who has the fortitude of an Amazon, managed to care for herself and her family. She's even sounding cheerful. 

These crises reveal to me that: the Future is in Good Hands.

Young frog still has tail.

*Hercules overpowered Cerberus without weapons....

photos by J in JaM
post and photo editing by M in JaM

No comments: